Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines


 
 
Fallen Too Far

By: Abbi Glines
 

**easily 4.5 stars**

“Are you… are you going to kiss me again?” I asked breathlessly as he pressed his nose to my neck and inhaled.

“I want to. I want to so fucking bad but I’m trying to be good,” he murmured against my skin.

“Could you not be good for just one kiss? Please.”  I asked, scooting closer to him.

 

This was Abbi’s first adult-adult book. As in Holy-sex! I have been in a reading funk lately, not fully getting sucked in, and Rush officially took me out of that funk! I was captured within the first chapter. Rush is a rockstar’s son. Moody, sexy, rich, tattoos, everything I look for in a solid lead;) Blaire is a beautiful blonde, sweet, innocent, gun-toting, independent 19 year old. I loved Blaire, she was not whiney or overdramatic, she knew she was out of her element with Rush’s group, and knows how to take care of herself. I have felt such repetition in recent books, Fallen was fresh with an original storyline, and a major twist I did not see coming. And I very, very rarely am surprised by plots.

            Blaire has had a tough life, her twin sister died 5 years ago, the trauma from this made her dad leave right after. 3 years ago, Blaire’s mom got cancer and died last month. She had nowhere else to go but to the dad that walked out on her family when they needed him the most. But when she gets there, it’s not her dad that there to greet her. It’s her new step-brother. And man, oh man is he schmexy. Rush allows Blaire to stay at his mansion for one month in the closet-sized maids room. How long can he ignore the gorgeous Blaire? What is the huge secret Rush and the town is keeping from Blaire? And why didn’t I marry a tattooed millionaire?

            I really enjoyed Fallen Too far, everybody that knows my reviews knows how much of a picky bitch I am, and I will never give my seal of approval to a book I don’t personally love. This story has me 100%. I was very surprised at the end to find a cliffhanger though, but that was a great surprise, their story has so much more to be told. There are reasons they are both withdrawn, and I cannot wait till March to hear the rest of Rush and Blaire’s story!
 
Heather's Dream Cast for FALLEN TOO FAR:
Blaire

Nan



Bethy
 



No comments:

Post a Comment