Monday, December 3, 2012

Captive in the Dark Review!

"He was my tormentor and my solace; the creator of the dark and the light within. I didn’t care that he would undoubtedly hurt me at any moment, right now; I just needed somebody to hold me, somebody to be kind to me, somebody to tell me exactly those words. It’s going to be okay. It wasn’t of course, I knew that. But I didn’t care. I needed the lie."

**4.5 STARS.** Where to even begin with Captive in the Dark?! This is going to be a hard one to review. There's no real way to capture this story without it sounding horrible and crazy, it is both of those, but there's something... juat something that makes it incredible.

Caleb and Livvie. Caleb is a sex slave trainer. He is not doing this for joy or pleasure, he is doing this for revenge. He wants vengeance. Livvie is a beatiful and special, Caleb is looking for the perfect girl to trade to get inside the inner circle and take out his enemy. Then it will be done, and Caleb can rest. He kidnaps Livvie and expects it to go like every girl, that is until he realizes she is like no girl he has ever met.

The whole book is amazing, CJ touched on topics that are so dark and twisted, and I spent most of the book trying to figure out how I was falling for such a monster. Will he be redeemable, could Livvie really fall for her captor? Would I earn the right to call my master my name if it were me he kidnapped? I thought I would be able to slowly read this book, but I literally could not put it down, I grocery shopped with my kindle in one hand and the cart in the other. I was glad there was a break between CITD and SITD, I needed that time to let it all sink in. Be ready to be throughly mindfucked.

*This book is dark and touches on tough topics. Not for the faint of heart.*

No comments:

Post a Comment